Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kick Mutt!

There are five elements in good advertising that I want to discuss here. I'm talking mainly about direct mail pieces, and I'm offering a video clip for discussion. Meantime, many businesses fall prey to making up in design, what they lack in ad copy. That is to say that amateurs make the mistake of thinking "pretty" mail pieces produce higher conversions than ugly ones.

It's been proven time and after time that {controlled for ad copy alone}, ugly pieces are read 2 to 1 over pretty pieces. Hmmm. Regardless of the "look", here are five elements to include in good advertising copy:
  1. Clear.
  2. Forceful.
  3. Memorable.
  4. Easy to understand.
  5. Call to action.
Play the video below see how this advertiser included all five elements in the video. I'll say that this add is a bit cloying, but they sure get their point across.

Consider how you might improve your own advertising. This has been very helpful to me.


No comments: